American Corner Surkhet was established in partnership and close Cooperation between The Embassy of the United States of America (USA) , Kathmandu and Surkhet Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SCCI) Surkhet in Dec, 12, 2012. The Soft opening ceremony was held under the chairperson, President of Surkhet Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SCCI) Mr. Padam Bahadur Shahi and distinguished chief guest Mrs. Susan Burns Parker Public Affair Officer, US. Embassy, Kathmandu and the honorable special guest Mr. Sarada Parsad Trital Mid West Regional Administrator, Surkhet
American corner Surkhet serves as a window of life and culture in the United States of America. It is the first step for information seekers and students who wants to pursue Higher Education in the United States. It serves the community, with the motto information for peace, Democracy and prosperity.
AC-Surkhet is providing information and other services to general reader, students, scholars and business community of Surkhet and beyond.
Our Objectives: हाम्रा उदेश्यहरु
- To exchange the thoughts, cultures, historical backgrounds as well as education to each other.
- To establish as a library for providing the services in regional sector.
- To develop as resource center.
- To provide the necessity materials as references of curriculum text. Eg, providing reference materials for writing thesis, report writing, biography etc.
- To provide E-mail, internet, E-library services.
- To develop as a human resource center.
- To help technical support for preparing training hand book.
- To provide international information for getting knowledge.
Our Services : हाम्रा सेवाहरु
- Provide information on life, culture, History and Education of the united States of America (USA)
- Provide Photocopy, Scanning, Printing services.
- Provide Audio / Video services.
- Screening of documentary films on request.
- Provide E-mail, internet & E-library Services.( Per hour Rs. 10 only )
- National / International Journals , Magazines and articles.
- Reference Services.
- Provide eLibraryUSA membership